Opening balance reconciling investment account incorrect.

hnaparst harold at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 14 10:07:41 EST 2013

Hi Derek,

  Thanks for your comments.  I do not have an account-map file.  I only
have a QIF file.  This is the file that Gnucash asks for when doing the
import.   You might take a look at my bug 712222, where I attached the QIF
file.  The bug occurs both for securities accounts and current asset
accounts.  Actually, it occurs with about 80% of the QIF files I try to
import.  The other 20% work fine.

   By the way, after running iconv as you suggested, I did a diff to see if
any changes had been made to the QIF file.  None had.

  Regarding unreproducible bugs, I would just say that if the developer is
unable to reproduce the bug in an environment that is what the user has
stated he has, then the dev should close the bug with the status "Works for
me."  This is what Gentoo does.  Of course, Gentoo has a facility that
allows the user to print out a pretty detailed state of his environment, so
the dev can see if the user has done something wrong.   Leaving more than a
thousand bugs forever open seems wrong, somehow.

Regards,
Harold