Report "Income Statement" - missing exchange rate spoils TOTALS

tereque tereque at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 09:09:30 EDT 2013

I am having a problem with a standard report called "Income Statement"
(>Reports > Income & Expenses > Income Statement)
This report is supposed balance income versus expenses and give a
Balance of these two

I am dealing with 4 currencies USD, CNY, HKD, EUR
Report currency is CNY

As soon I have a value in the reported period which is EUR I d not get a
total. No for Income, not for Expenses, not for the Balance
I have marked "Show foreign currencies" and "Show exchange rates" in the
reports options and have seen there is no exchange rate EUR:CNY. I am
pretty sure that this is where my problem comes from. If I change the
report's currency to EUR I have the same problem, but if I choose USD as
report currency it works fine.

So, what I need to figure out is where the missing exchange rate problem
comes from.and how to solve it. Any ideas anyone?

thanks