Gnucash file 'corruption' on Mac OS X

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 22 12:45:42 EDT 2013

On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Eric Weigle <eric.weigle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John-
>
> Thanks for the response. So far it's happened twice, both in the last month or so. I actually hadn't tried gunzip on the Mac itself before, but doing so I find the same behavior as on Linux. It properly uncompresses the file, with no errors, and return code zero. It doesn't print any errors even with the verbose (-v) flag. But nonetheless, gnucash steadfastly refuses to open the original file.
>
> Anything else I might try?

Hmm. So is this a new problem, possibly related to upgrading to 10.8.5? What error does gnucash emit when trying to open the "bad" file? Are there any messages in the tracefile [1]?

Would you be willing to send the "bad" file to me directly so that I can test it?

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile#Trace_file_on_OSX