Business Module - Reassign payments to invoices - how to?

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Tue Oct 22 15:54:36 EDT 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:01:43 +0200
Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 October 2013 13:10:39 Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> > With the gnucash unstable tree (2.5), the business module is
> > advertised to sport the feature "Existing Transactions may be
> > reassigned as invoice payments", which is great, as it allows to
> > properly process automatic debit transfer system payments.
> >
> > However, trying to try that, I cannot find out how to reassign a
> > payment to an invoice. Can somebody point me or am I just thick?
> >
> > I appreciate your help, cheers,
>
> Last time I tried this, it worked as follows:
> Find the payment transaction in your asset account (Checking, Cash,
> whatever)
>
> Right-click the payment and select "Assign as payment..." in the
> dropdown menu.
>
> The catch is though that this is only implemented for the old style
> register (to which we will revert for the 2.6 release).
>
> Until this has been reverted/fixed, you can open your asset account
> in the old style register. This can be done by selecting the account
> in the account hierarchy and then select "Edit -> Old Style Register
> Account".
>
> Geert

Thank you very much, that works. I would never ever have found that out.
Using "old style ledgers" for "new features" is a bit counter-intuitive,
althoug I understand with your explanation ;-)

Thanks again, cheers
--
Christopher
TZ:         GMT + 1h

FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #1 r256184: Thu Oct 10 19:12:54 CEST 2013
cjr at dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd/base/stable/9/sys/GEN_WDTRACE

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma or Lets eat, Grandma" - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves" or "A panda eats, shoots, and leaves" -
Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)