Compiling GnuCash 2.5.6 on Ubuntu 13.10

Jon Dallara jondallara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 00:33:46 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 10:21 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jon Dallara <jondallara at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 10/22/2013 07:39 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Did you run:
>>>
>>>     apt-get build-dep gnucash
>>>
>>> to install all the build dependencies?
>> Tried it, installed 69 libs and what not, configure still dies at same
>> spot.  Do I need to install git as show on the wiki installation
>> instructions for Ubuntu 12.04?
> What exactly is your configure error?  How does it die?

Here is a copy of the output:

checking for guile-1.8 >= 1.8.5... yes
checking GUILE_CFLAGS... -pthread
checking GUILE_LIBS... -lguile -lgmp -lcrypt -lm -lltdl
checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
checking if guile needs our copy of (guile www)... checking for guile...
(cached) /usr/bin/guile
checking for guile-config... /usr/bin/guile-config
checking for guile-tools... /usr/bin/guile-tools
checking if (www main) is available... no
checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.5.10... yes
checking LIBXML2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/libxml2
checking LIBXML2_LIBS... -lxml2
checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml2... yes
checking for libxslt... no
Package libxslt was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
should add the directory containing `libxslt.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable No package 'libxslt' found
configure: error: Library requirements (libxslt) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are
in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Libxslt was not one of the packages that were installed when I ran the
apt-get build-dep.

--
Jon Dallara
Assistant Director