Connecting to BoA (California)

S Angeleno soccupiesla at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 02:20:26 EDT 2013

Hello,

Using Gnucash 2.4.1 on Linux Mint 13 (64-bit), I am trying to import my
accounts from Bank of America (California) but am running into trouble
when I try to connect. Below is a typical log of my connection attempt:

23:36:02 Sending request...
23:36:02 Connecting to server...
23:36:02 Resolving hostname "ofx.bankofamerica.com" ...
23:36:02 IP address is "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
23:36:02 Connecting to "ofx.bankofamerica.com"
23:36:02 Connected to "ofx.bankofamerica.com"
23:36:03 Connected.
23:36:03 Sending message...
23:36:03 Message sent.
23:36:03 Waiting for response...
23:36:03 Receiving response...
23:36:03 HTTP-Status: 200 (OK)
23:36:03 Response received.
23:36:03 Disconnecting from server...
23:36:03 Disconnected.
23:36:03 Parsing response...
23:36:03 Parsing response
23:36:03 Status for signon request: General error (Code 2000, severity
"ERROR")
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error
code 2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is
not available.)
23:36:03 Status for account info request: General error (Code 2000,
severity "ERROR")
Error other than those specified by the remaining error codes. (Note:
Servers should provide a more specific error whenever possible. Error
code 2000 should be reserved for cases in which a more specific code is
not available.)
23:36:03 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

Here is a screenshot of my setup: http://imgur.com/y5yJ1V1

I have tried using a variety of emulated applications (Quickbooks,
Quicken, etc), changing the HTTPS version, requiring SSLv3, and using
5959 as the FID, as that is what was listed in the header of the .qfx
file I manually downloaded directly from my bank. The only thing that
changes is that sometimes before I get the Error Code 2000, the progress
bar tantalizingly fills before letting me down every time, however I'm
not able to reliably replicate this result.

I would provide logs, but I googled and tried to follow advice about
setting the AQOFX_LOG_COMM environment variable to 1 to enable logging
and I couldn't figure out how to get that to work. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Perhaps I should be asking the aqbanking mailing list?

Thanks,
Angelo