Compiling GnuCash 2.5.6 on Ubuntu 13.10

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Oct 24 05:36:41 EDT 2013

On Thursday 24 October 2013 09:46:04 Colin Law wrote:
> On 24 October 2013 08:12, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > I was expecting xsltproc to be a part of libxslt (it is on Fedora
> > and in the libxslt sources).
> >
> > If you can confirm that on Ubuntu xsltproc and libxslt are two
> > separate packages and that xsltproc is not a dependency of libxslt,
> > I will have to improve the configure test. It currently assumes
> > that if libxslt is available, xsltproc will be automatically as
> > well. But your reply seems to contradict this at least on Ubuntu.
>
> On Ubuntu 13.10 I can confirm that xsltproc and libxslt-dev are two
> separate packages with no inter-dependency.
>
> apt-get build-dep gnucash does not install either.  Should I report
> that as a bug on ubuntu?
>
> Colin

Thanks for the confirmation. But to be clear: I didn't expect xsltproc to be part of libxslt-dev,
but rather part of libxslt. That's the way it's in the original sources. But from what I understand
on Ubuntu xsltproc is not part of the libxslt package either. Is there an interdependency
between those two ?

Regarding the bug report: libxslt-dev and xsltproc are new dependencies since 2.5.6. I believe
apt-get build-dep gnucash installs the build dependencies for the stable version of gnucash. So
strictly speaking this is not a bug yet, but once gnucash 2.6 will be released, the apt-get
command should install libxslt-dev and xsltproc as well.

Geert