Close Books Question

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 28 16:34:16 EDT 2013

On 10/26/2013 06:09 AM, Jay Ridgley wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I goofed up, vioded a check after closing the books, so now things are not quite
> right. My accountant is a little upset...
>
> Can I correct the problem by doing a second close book to take care of this?
>
> I can't unvoid the check...
>
> Note: The transaction is from last year! I learned a lesson , I think...
>
> regards,
> Jay

OK; So I now can answer my own question, all I had to do was delete the closing
transactions, make the adjustments that were required ( not part of original
queury) and reclose the books.

Just had to review how the Close Book transaction works. Even though it is not
necssary to close the books, things look cleaner in the reports my accountant
wants. He thinks that it is a nice implementation of an accounting package!

I think the documentation for the package is great; I just have to remember that
it is there!

I love this package and have recommended it to several folks. Personally I have
2 sets of books (two different entities and soon to be three)

Thaanks to all,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley