How to sort/track projects as well as categories/accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 20:26:50 EDT 2013

Bob--

The page you cite is actually a request from other users for Gnucash to provide the kind of classification you seek--not an outline of that feature. The Account Classification feature is pretty regularly requested, but is not something that exists in Gnucash at this time. None of the active developers has chosen to prioritize this feature, and no one new has stepped up to code the functionality into the application. Your only options are some of the workarounds that users have suggested over the years.

Sorry to break the bad news,
David