Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 15:41:35 EDT 2014

I run GC on Windows 7 and Linux with a MySQL back-end, so I have to login to a computer that runs GC, then login to the database before I can access my financial data. I trust my firewalls, so I am content with this state of affairs. I can also access my financial data via SQL, though I careful limit what I do so as not to corrupt the database through back-end operations.

I like the idea of encrypted filesystems, but have not seriously considered that approach since I think it's overkill for my needs.

- Art