Error opening new install of gnucash

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 22:21:36 EDT 2014

Well, it seems to have worked, in spite of the output below. Many thanks
for that. I'm sure I'll have some further questions, once I've started the
ball rolling.

Kurt

---------Begin "Install Online Price Retrieval"----------
* Check Perl

  No Perl executable found, attempt to install Strawberry Perl
  This may take a while depending on your network speed

* Download Strawberry Perl package

   copying
https://strawberry-perl.googlecode.com/files/strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-32bit.msi
   to C:\Users\kurt\AppData\Local\Temp\Perl.msi

   C:\Users\kurt\AppData\Local\Temp\Perl.msi downloaded OK

* Run automated Perl install

* Update PATH variable to include Perl

NewPath = ***elided***

* Check Perl version

* Determine which Perl flavour we have found

Can't locate loadable object for module Win32 in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Program
 Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib .) at -e line 1
Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.

An error occurred, see above.

Press any key to continue . . .
---------End "Install Online Price Retrieval"----------