No Suitable backend was found for file:

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:15:35 EDT 2014

On 4/9/2014 10:49 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> msteidi1 at aim.com writes:
>
>> The data file you are referring to is the one identified in the banner of the
>> program, correct? That one is part of the folders I did copy to the new
>> computer.
> Yes, GnuCash displays the name of the data file in the titlebar.  It
> will also store a file <FileName>.gcm (which stands for GnuCash
> Metadata) in your ~/.gnucash/books/ folder.  This latter file tells
> gnucash about your open windows, reports, etc.  However you still need
> your main data file, wherever that is located.  This .gcm file is not
> the file that you need to File -> Open.
>
>> Mark Steidinger
> -derek

In migrating from XP to to W7 you may have changed the directory
structure, possibly in a subtle way such as having a different
username.  Try using the file open command and search for and select the
correct data file which you should have placed in a convenient location,
possibly somewhere under "My Documents".  You may lose some of your
preferences but you should not lose any data.  I am a user rather than a
developer, but I am puzzled by your search for a *.xac file.  I do not
know what that is.

David C