KMyMoney vs Gnucash

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Aug 23 10:40:13 EDT 2014

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 11:37:09 +0100
Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I say NO, it is guidance, not law.

The link below is the link to the official *law* not any guidance.

[...]>

> All that is saying (and it is possible my translation tool got the
> Croatian to Englishness wrong) is that if someone says "what happened
> here?" you should have an explanation.

Nope. it says that according to the law, the invoice number should have three
parts:

1) number of invoice itself which at the beginning of each year starts with 1,
and it goes like, 1,2,3, etc. no leading zeroes or other inventions and it's
reset each year.

2) this part is the labelling of office space and it should be defined by
special internal act within every company. In my case I use simple 'p1' which
is something like s(pace)1.

3) this part is similar to 2) the IF of the 'POS' and in my case it's simple
'1'.

Taking all those together, my sequence goes like this:

1/p1/1 2/1/1 3/p1/1 etc. and this format is defined within internal act
approvod within my company.

As you can see, some form of imagaination is only allowed for the parts 2) and
3), but those are, anyway, not too interested in the context of Gnucash's
creating numbers for quotes/invoices being static itself.

Finally, considering that, as already mentioned in this thread, that not every
quote is ending with invoice, there is need to have two counters.

> There is *NO* *LEGAL* *REQUIREMENT*

I hope you can now see it is.

> Apols if my quoting isn't right in this message.  Gour is using a crap
> format for this list :(

Both your & my formatting look OK here, don't know about your mailer.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future