KMyMoney vs Gnucash

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Aug 23 10:50:06 EDT 2014

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:08:12 +0100
Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> It is impossible for you, in Croatia, to control the document
> sequence generated by a legal person in another EU country.

Sure, but the law says how the invoice which *I* generate should look like in
regard to the invocing number as well as other elements which much be present
on the invoice itself.

> You are confusing *LEGAL* with desired and preferred.

Law does not speak about 'desires' and 'preferences'. :-)

> No, you must account to the relevant legal bodies that you have not
> done anything illegal, that you have accounted for taxes, etc.  The
> sequence is just like a balance sheet, do things add up? is this
> business/person honest?

I cannot speak about UK and other countries, but I'm very aware how it is here
and what kind of fine people/companies had to pay to trivial mistakes found on
their invoices.

> I don't understand the word "fiscalized" as I don't think it has a
> clear meaning in English.

As I wrote - when the transaction is made, one's POS device (whatever it is)
must connect via Internet to the central tax office server, send some request
and as responce get unique identification number which is then printed on the
invoice and which can be later checked to identify whether the invoice is
correctly generated.

This has to be done for every glass of water you order in the smallest pub,
except if they serve you tapped one. :-)

Now I believe it's time to end legal discussion which does not contribute much
to the Gnucash - I got suggestion how to try 'implement's quotes/invoices and
now I have to wait for big-enough slot of free time to try it out before asking
more. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose,
and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus,