Out of curiosity...

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 11:40:41 EST 2014

For what's it worth.
I had a lot of trouble migrating to GNU Cash from Quickbooks.I had been using Quickbooks before it was released to the public for sale well over 20 years ago.Since 2009, I have been a Linux (Linux Mint) user, and kept a separate computer for Quickbooks.In addition I had purchased a commercial accounting program in 2012 "Accountz".  (accountz.com)
What I ended up doing was "learning" to use GNU Cash on my own.The end result of two years of trying to learn GNU Cash was rewarding. I am pleased to say that while I had to lean on my own and struggle many hours, the rewards will override the time and energy I had spent.  Since January of this year I have been 100% released from the bonds of Quickbooks and Microsoft.
If you have manual spread sheet experience and or accounting experience, GNU Cash just makes sense.
I now feel that I now have a better overall accounting package than any of the commercial programs.The only deficient (in my opinion) is that GNU Cash needs to find expert users throughout the World to help others either in person or in  a classroom.
For me, GNU Cash and a good Linux Desktop OS, is like a marriage made in heaven.Drop Box offers 2 GB of free storage and my GNU Cash is automatically backed up to the cloud.Yesterday, I set up a new lap top computer, and Drop Box automatically filled it in with the needed files I required. It just doesn't get easier than that.
I suggest investing the time and effort.  I know it can be painful - I suffered to get on-board - almost two years - but now I can handle my affairs better than ever.  It seems like the more I put in the more I got out.

Jack HalemLong Beach, CA, USA