Autofill problem? - I assume

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Dec 7 15:43:28 EST 2014

On Dec 7, 2014, at 2:26 AM, kyomar <markus1611 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike, thanks for your response - much appreciated.
>
> After running a check and repair I ended up with a huge mess; many
> unbalanced trading accounts. I tried to enter the correct data but when ever
> I hit enter the old incorrect unbalanced sum returns. How do I fix this
> unbalanced transactions?
>
> I believe you are wright that this bug (rounding) has been fixed in 2.6.3.
> You gave me an idea and I tried to enter a new transaction with a
> description from a correct transaction and it worked. Changing the
> description afterward kept the correct transaction. Whenever i try to enter
> a new transaction with a new description it must pull some old memories to
> autofill and than it doesn't work. So I really believe the autofill function
> needs to be overhauled. I think this is also the reason why I cannot correct
> those unbalanced transactions mentioned above; it always pulls some old
> memories it seems.

I’ve fixed a number of those errors (transactions that 2.6 considers unbalanced while 2.4 doesn’t) in my  own data and never had any trouble doing so.  I would have to have more information about the specific problems you’re having to be able to offer any advice.  You’ll probably need to edit the exchange rate used to convert one currency into another to make things balance.  Editing the amounts alone probably won’t fix the problem.

              Mike