Help with foreign invoices

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 17:19:41 EST 2014

Tue, 2 Dec 2014 18:02:50 <1417572170695-4674215.post at n4.nabble.com>
iWrite4u <iwrite4u at gmx.co.uk>

>I have started to use GnuCash for all my accounting, but have come up
>against a brick wall.

>I am a freelance who works for both US and UK companies. I am based in
>the
>UK, with a UK bank account.

first of all and most importantly, turn on Trading Accounts, nothing is
going to make sense without them.

File / Properties / Accounts / tick "use Trading accounts"

I can't recall if you need to do something to make them appear like
Actions / Check & Repair all or if you need to close and open but you
definitely need them (personally I think they should be on by default in
the modern world).

>I have the US companies set up okay - all the invoices come up in $, so
>all
>is well. I can post the invoice okay to "Accounts Receivable" and it
>remains
in $.

The problem comes when I try and marked the invoice as paid. My clients
accept the invoices in $ but pays straight to my UK account in £. It
should
be easy to do in GnuCash, but it just doesn't work.

without Trading Accounts things aren't going to add up.

snip, first things first.

--
Wm...