Newbie Split Transaction Problem

Paul Warthe warthes7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 18:39:56 EST 2014

Hi guys,

I've attached 3 screen shots to help illustrate. Pretab.jpg shows the screen just before I hit tab on the medicare entry of $90. (I have already tried entering the federal tax amount of $180 in the deposit column but it was changed to a $490 entry in the Withdrawal column when I tabbed out of the cell.) The posttab.jpg shot shows the screen after I have entered tab twice. The medicare entry is changed to a $90 Withdrawal. The afterenter.jpg is what the entire entry looks like after entering all information and clicking on the Enter button.

I have not entered a negative number. I built a brand new chart of accounts following the tutorial. Could there be a problem in my chart of accounts?

Paul