OFX Direct only retrieves my account's deposits, not debits

Riley Loader riley.loader at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 09:32:34 EST 2014

Hi list!

I'm not sure if this may be specific to my bank (Utah Community Credit
Union) or maybe a misconfiguration on my part in GnuCash and want to know
if anyone else has run into this problem and/or could provide some insight.

I got GnuCash set up last night to use OFX Direct which seems to work
peachily except as the subject mentions, I only get any deposits made to
those accounts, not any debits. I noticed when I tried to reconcile because
the right side of the window was just empty. Of course the account was way
out of balance.

Do you think there's perhaps just a setting that needs changing? I use
mint.com all the time and it pulls both debits and credits to all of my
accounts with no problem so theoretically I ought to be able to pull all of
the data as well. Which is why I think it's a setting but I'm not sure
which.

Thanks!

-Riley