Opening and Closing necessity in any jurisdiction

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 14:06:41 EST 2014

Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:29:56
<000001d01e82$447da0d0$cd78e270$@cybersmart.co.za>  Chris Bester
<chrisbester at cybersmart.co.za>

>Your reply to David Carlson is  a rather distorted way of arguing, not so.

I don't find it so.

>"Closing Books" plain "Best Accounting Practice" that is all - Plain Best
>Accounting Practice- read the internet on accounting practices and closing
>of books.

There is no point in saying that without references, particularly as I
looked things up before starting the thread.

Nee, Meneer Bester, I'd like you to show me the ZA rules (that I'm about
certain don't exist) and anyone else to show their jurisdiction's rules.

Best practice in the 1970's and 1980's when paper accounts may have been
prevalent in ZA and many other jurisdictions and in many organisations
is nothing to do with now many decades later.

===

On the positive side gnc is a wonderful piece of software that allows
you to close accounts if you really want to, it just isn't necessary
given that you might have an expense or receipt that crosses a year end
(as a simple example).

--
Wm...