Fwd: Good grief == new user frustration help request.

mshires mshires.wcc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:02:47 EST 2014

About to give up, again, on what I keep hearing is a great program, but
when I can't even create a file (Book) at start up settings...

Following instructions, get to
[image: Inline image 2]

confirm is in xml

in section for *File* enter name and click on Create Folder button

[image: Inline image 3]

o.k. so far...for the highlighted folder field enter name such as
accounts.gnu  If I move off the field I get:
[image: Inline image 5]

If instead of moving off the field after entering the name of the folder I
click the "Save As" button I get:

[image: Inline image 6]

Now, I am really frustrated and confused, because NONE of my other programs
do this to me when I want to create files.  AND I checked my computer
settings and the security for ...(86)...and I have authority/permission to
write files.  I changed the user to Administrator with the same results and
then tried Trusted Installer and got the same results.

I tried to save it somewhere other than a bin file, but it won't let me.

What am I doing wrong?  I followed the steps in the tutor, but ARRRRGGGGG!

Mill