Finance::Quote Not Installed Propely

Noel Duhigg noeld543 at live.com.au
Sat Feb 1 00:04:54 EST 2014

Hi Folks
I've successfully installed GnuCash on a Windows 7 64-bit system. GnuCash is working well.It looks like the product I need to replace Quicken/Reckon with.
I have however encountered a problem with Finance::Quote. I installed the 64-bit version ofActivePerl and then ran gnc-fq-update. Subsequently, when trying to edit a security in GnuCashusing the Security Editor, the message "Warning: Finance::Quote not installed properly" isdisplayed and the following fields on that screen are greyed-out and non-enterable.
I then de-installed ActivePerl 64-bit and installed ActivePerl 32-bit, and then ran gnc-fq-update.Again when trying to edit a security in the Security Editor the error message "Warning: Finance::Quotenot installed properly" remains, as before.
As far as I'm aware, I have installed ActivePerl and Finance::Quote correctly.
Are you able to help me with some advice and/or guidance on how I can get Finance::Quote properlyinstalled and working?
Thank you and Best Regards ... Noel (Sydney, Australia)