Bills in foreign currency and Trading accounts

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Feb 8 00:10:50 EST 2014

--On February 7, 2014 3:53:06 PM +0000 Robin Proctor
<robinguyproctor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using GnuCash 2.6.1 on my GBP accounts I can record a Bill in USD
> using an A/Payable account I set up in USD. The Trading screen
> (Transfer Funds) allows me to specify a GBP/USD transfer rate, and an
> appropriate GBP value is assigned to the Expense account.
>
> When I later try to pay the Bill from my GBP bank account, the Trading
> screen treats the USD value of the Bill as though it were GBP, leading
> to an erroneous conversion value for the payment.
>
> Do I misunderstand Trading Accounts, or am I not performing the
> recording or payment process correctly?

Isn't this the same thing you asked about a couple of days ago?  There
may be a bug here having to do with prompts for exchange rates, but I
don't think it has anything to do with trading accounts.  They are not
involved at that level.  I would suggest that you file a bug report
regarding this so someone can take a look at it when they have time.

         Mike