No price updates anymore

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Feb 15 01:24:32 EST 2014

--On February 15, 2014 12:35:31 PM +1100 Michael Gordon
<michael.gerald.gordon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in Australia and am running GnuCash on Windows 8.1.
> Price update has stopped working for me, too.
> I tried changing the URL in
> .....c:/Perl64/html/site/lib/Finance/Quote.Yahoo/Australia.html from
> au.finance.yahoo.com to download.finance.yahoo.com but that didn't
> work. I got the impression from the Yahoo finance website that
> Australian shares need the suffix .ax but I've no idea how to modify
> the HTML code to try this.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Mike Gordon.
>
> PS I take it that the patch doesn't suit the Windows version?

I assume you meant
c:/Perl64/html/site/lib/Finance/Quote/Yahoo/Australia.html instead of
c:/Perl64/html/site/lib/Finance/Quote.Yahoo/Australia.html.

That change makes it work for me. I just tried it with BOQ and either
yahoo_australia with BOG or yahoo with BOQ.AX works.

The patch works equally well on Windows as it does anywhere else, but
it's possible that it isn't quite correct.  I think there should be a
new version of F::Q out within a few days, so perhaps you should just
wait for that if you can't easily make it work.

              Mike