Speeding up gnucash

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Thu Feb 27 15:15:21 EST 2014

I have a 28MB sqlite data file. I have used it for quite a while and have
never lost data. Running Ubuntu on a moderately slow dual proc AMD box. It
takes a few seconds to load data, but not a troubling length of time. The
load can get a lot slower if I have left open reports that have to be
recalculated. But I have no complaints about gnc performance.

Several years ago I was having serious problems with speed. Turns out the
problem was a dying disk that was killing itself with rereads. Even then,
never lost data.

Keith B