Building gnucash 2.6.0

Robert L Brush III bobbrush3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 15:50:13 EST 2014

Thank you, was helpful here also, I typically install
--prefix=/home/myuser/Dropbox/gnucash/todaysdate/ so I never had a
problem, but after this install it said:
"libgnc-gnome.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory" which really caught me off guard, the files were installed..
Googling the error message showed a lot of hits, but none useful for my
situation, most were suggestions to reinstall, fall back to older
versions, change programs, all kinds of confusion.

Running "ldconfig" was the solution, at least in my case, so thanks
again!

Bob