Migration to GnuCash 2.6 from 2.4 problem with display of currency

Nana Kwadwo Owusu kwadwo.owusu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 05:45:53 EST 2014

Thx Mike,

Maybe that is the reason. Unfortunately on my screen I do not get the ₵ symbol but rather something else namely a rectangle with the numbers 2, 0, 0, and 5 inscribed in it(please see attachment). I am using the MacOS version of GnuCash on a Macbook Air with OS X version 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

It is true that the ₵ or “cent” symbol was and, in some quarters, continues to be used as a symbol for our currency the Cedi. However about 7 years ago we had a re-denomination of our currency, and in banking circles(local and international standards) the old cedi symbol is GHC, and the new ghana cedi is designated as GHS, both using normal English Alphabet. In fact that is what is stated in the pull-down menu for currencies in GnuCash 2.4 and 2.6, so I do not understand why this funny rectangular icon with the numbers 2,0,0,5 inscribed on it should appear instead of a normal Capital S.