How to share data across multiple machines

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:32:57 EST 2014

Remember please to reply to all (or reply to list) when responding. On
this list just using Reply will only send it to the last sender.

On 30 January 2014 15:06, NutHouse Granola <craig at nuthousegranola.com> wrote:
> How to use it with GC. I guess I don't know how to direct GC to look for the files in Dropbox instead of where they use to be on my desktop folder. Directory routing issue?

In GnuCash do File > Save As and save it in the Dropbox folder (or
preferably a subfolder of Dropbox).    It might be a good idea to also
re-name the original gnucash accounts file to something else in order
to prevent you accidentally reverting to using that one at some point.

On the other machine (after it has synced via dropbox) do File > Open
and browse to the file in the Dropbox folder.  Make sure you don't
open the accounts on both machines at the same time.

Colin