GnuCash 2.6.3 (portable) for Windows taking a LONG time to read/save file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jun 29 16:52:45 EDT 2014

On Jun 29, 2014, at 10:26 PM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:53:28 <0A7CDEB3-D982-49BF-903C-F7DA0974C057 at ceridwen.us>  John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
>
> Man quotes badly!
>
>> You can do it yourself, since he posted the two comparable logfiles on Dropbox.
>> The linux one has 21912 instances of 'xaccTransWriteLog' and the time difference between the first and last it 7 seconds. The Windows one has 21800 instances and the time difference is 17 minutes 1 second.
>
>> It alternates between 3 and 5, with the extra two lines being variations on
>> * 12:20:03 INFO [xaccTransSetDateInternal] addr=07D98158 set date to 1322103081.000000000 Wed Nov 23 21:51:21 2011
>>
>> He'd already shown you this in your discussion on the Portable Apps forum.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> Please shit on the right person in future!

Please be civil on the mailing lists.

> I hold you in high esteem for now.
>
> Plain fact?  You read and replied in the wrong order!

No, the plain fact is that Lance's post with the Dropbox links hit the list 4 hours before your response. That you either failed to read everything before replying or chose to ignore what had already been posted is your problem, as is the fact that you addressed Lance while replying line-by-line to my post.

Regards,
John Ralls