Finance::Quote ASX Fix

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 4 03:48:41 EST 2014

Aussies may be interested to know that Finance::Quote 1.21 or later contains the fix to the problem where you could only get prices for 10 stocks from the ASX.

FQ now gets the prices from the ASX in batches of 10, so if you have more than 10 Aussie stocks, you can go back to using single source ASX or multiple source Australia (ASX + Yahoo).

In case you've forgotten, you can upgrade FQ  by running:
Windows & Linux, from a command prompt:
    cpan install Finance::Quote
(Mac users: sorry I don't know)

It takes quite a while(15 minutes I think), and the new version asks many times if you want to permanently install some modules that are only really needed during the install. I just hit enter to accept the default YES.

Regards,

Chris Good