Reliability of Gnu Cash software

David Both david at both.org
Wed Mar 5 08:46:55 EST 2014

I have been using GnuCash since August 31 of 2000, for both personal and
business accounting. I have been very happy with it for almost 14 years and have
never lost any data or had any type of serious problem.

There have also been continuous significant upgrades to GnuCash and it has
improved a great deal over the years.

I do not like the way it deals with invoices for A/R, specifically the format
and I needed a little more flexibility in some discounting things. So I use a
LibreOffice spreadsheet template that I downloaded from the OpenOffice Extras
web site and heavily modded to meet my needs. I then enter the invoice amount
directly into the A/R account.

I have looked at other Open Source accounting packages over the years, but have
absolutely no intention of switching.

I hope this helps.