Price editor not working

LindenSys at aol.com LindenSys at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 15:26:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I experienced the same price editor problem many of you are reporting. I
have fixed the problem with the following method. My system is Windows XP.

1. I removed the Perl program using the Control Panel, Remove Programs.
Please note that after Perl is removed there is still a folder called Perl. I
then deleted that folder but did not do a permanent delete.

2. I downloaded and installed the latest Gnucash version. 2.6.2.

3. I then installed Strawberry Perl - takes about 30 minutes to install
using the Install Online Price Retrieval found in the Gnucash folder. At the
end  of installation there was an error note (forgot what it said) and the
price  editor would not work.

4. I then Restored the Perl folder that I had deleted and then all works as
 it used to.

I am not sure if it would worked if I had left the Perl folder intact in
the first place but I do not want to mess with it now that it is working.

Good luck.

Harry