Import Transfer

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 26 13:24:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

"Dr. Ray" <drray at drraycharles.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been away from GNUCASH for about 2 months. And to be GNU rookie,
> that's not good. So please forgive this rudimentary question:
>
> After importing my accounts (Checking, Savings, etc) and addressing all
> imbalances I noticed all my transfers from checking to savings are showing
> up twice in the deposit column in the savings account.
>
> Any ideas/thoughts as to why

Two possible reasons:

1) You assigned both the debit and credit splits to the same account, or
2) When you imported Checking and Savings you didn't mark the duplicate
   transactions as duplicates, so you actually have two transactions
   between Checking and Savings.

Without seeing an image of your registers I cannot guess which is more
correct.