Best way to manage utilities

Jim Thompson jthomps6 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 09:23:16 EDT 2014

Maybe not what you want, but I keep track of my auto fuel usage within
notes in GnuCash...
- View
- Double Line

When I fill the tank, I write the current odometer onto the slip - then
when entering the charge into GC I also enter the quantity of fuel  and
odometer reading (gallons and miles in US) and can do a calculation of
miles/gal - and enter that as well...

So the extra entry stuff looks like this (last 2 visits to refuel)...

14.785 - 16,160 (23.33 mpg)
15.976 - 16,546 (24.16 mpg)

In the above example, after I enter gallons and total mileage..
16546 - 16160 = 386 miles
386 / 15.976 = 24.16 miles/gallon

Good enough for me...

Hope this helps.