Can't import QFX txns before certain date

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu May 15 04:17:15 EDT 2014

On Wed 14 May 14 22:06:20 Pete wrote:
> Well, I'm stumped.
>
> I have an account which currently is reconciled up to January. Now I'm
> trying to import QFX transactions for March through to the present. But no
> matter which date range I have exported from my bank into the QFX file, I
> am only presented with transactions in the Transaction Matcher starting
> with Mar 3.
>
> If I examine the QFX file, there are transactions for Mar 1 in there, but
> they are being ignored/skipped/not displayed at all in the matcher.
>
> If I grab a QFX file that contains a list of transactions for Feb, the
> matcher presents a completely empty list.
>
> If I grab April or May QFX files, they display in the matcher completely.
>
> Why is the matcher refusing to show anything before March 5?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Hi Pete,

You don't mention the version of GC that you are using - but ISTR that there
was a date-input bug in the first couple of 2.6.x releases where dates in
March could not be set - I don't know if it affects imports or not - could you
be hitting that bug?

2.6.3 is fixed, it might be worth an upgrade if you are not running that
version.

HTH,
Maf.