Fwd: Gnucash upgrade not working

Kevin Rutherford kevin at rutherford-software.com
Thu May 15 10:02:39 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Kevin Rutherford
<kevin at rutherford-software.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I know that several have had problems with the version from getdeb
>> intermittently hanging on exit on 14.04.  It is not difficult to build
>> from source.  If you try this and anything in the wiki on building for
>> 14.04 is not clear then come back and we will assist and I will update
>> the wiki accordingly.
>
> I tried the version from getdeb and it hangs on exit every time (on
> Ubuntu 14.04).
> So I've tried to build it myself, starting with the 2.6.3 tarball from girhub.

In fact the config.log contains quite a few error messages. I have no
idea whether any of these are to be expected, so I've attached it in
full in case it helps.
(This was a clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 btw, fresh from the ISO file
and never used for development before.)
Regards,
Kevin