Stock Price update

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sat May 17 12:05:05 EDT 2014

Just as another bit of data, I tried to obtain this quote, too.

I'm running OS X, have Version 1.31 of Finance::Quote installed. I get
results similar to anthony's:

> gnc-fq-dump yahoo HDIL.NS

Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: HDIL.NS              <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: 0.00                 <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Finance::Quote works splendidly for me for all the securities I need quotes
for. It seems to be having trouble with the suffix that specifies the
exchange, ".NS".

I tried "AMZN.US" as the symbol, and it told me it didn't know "AMZN.US",
but did give me the correct data for "AMZN", basically stripping off the
suffix. I don't know what this tells me, but it's interesting.

-----
Ken Farley