2.6.3 from GetDeb crashing on Ubuntu 14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat May 24 03:14:19 EDT 2014

On 24 May 2014 03:32, Fast Radio <fastradio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just installed Linux Mint.  I also wanted to use the latest version of GC and used a separate computer for testing.
> Here is the deal.
> If you visit the official website for GNU Cash it tells you to use the Ubuntu Package Manager.
> Guess what it will install a specific version of GNU Cash.
> I attempted to install a newer version in terminal and it installed the one that the OS uses - not the latest one.
> To reiterate the official GNU Cash website says to use the Ubuntu installation,
> Just follow the GNU Cash website instructions.

To quote http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml
"Most linux distributions come bundled with a version of GnuCash,
though it's not always the most recent version"
However it does go on to say:
"Still it is recommended to use the GnuCash version that comes with
your distribution."
Which is at least questionable when that version has some known,
potentially serious, problems.

Colin