processing payments/ pre-payment

mark mbaustian at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 6 10:25:50 EST 2014

<op removed>

> The most likely cause for this situation is that you have at some point
> unposted a bill that had been paid already. When you do this the payment
> is decoupled from the bill and will show up in the payment dialog window
> as a pre-payment. Once you repost the bill the payment is not
> automatically associated with this bill.

The reason for this turns out to be that I occaisionally have been deleting
those internal link entries that pop up in the AP register. I had querried
about them once before and thought it was okay to remove them becasue they
don't affect the balances. Turns out they do what they say they are and break
the link to the payment. I find these entries very cluttering but guess I have
to leave them alone. In my view it would be good if they were not visible but
I'm not trying to make work for anyone.

Mark

--
Mark Baustian