Invoices, customers and payments

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Wed Oct 8 21:12:16 EDT 2014

Hi All,
  I've been using GnuCash for a few months and am starting to get used to it. I've played around with the customer and invoice features, so I think I know what I'm doing there. My next task is to import our past data for invoices, clients and their payments. Ideally, we would like to import all 1,170 clients and all of their invoices (probably around 2,000) and the corresponding payments. The data is currently stored in an Excel file, so I can produce pretty much any format needed for the import, but I don't see how to do the actual import so that the customers, invoices and payments are all connected when the import is finished. Is anyone out there willing to point me in the right direction?

Best,
John