Problems with bar charts

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Oct 13 05:49:15 EDT 2014

On Sunday 12 October 2014 23:24:07 Wm wrote:
> Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:05:55
> <3A8CDD7A-EBDF-46AA-8061-97F67C273487 at ceridwen.us>  John Ralls
> <jralls at ceridwen.us>
>
> Wm:
> >> Q: Does this mean a 2.4.6-n or are we just going to expect other
> >>
> >>people to live with mysteriously floating bars for another cycle?
> >
> >No, it means that we’ll release 2.6.5 fairly soon. I’d like for
> >users to bang on 2.6.4 for a couple of weeks to make sure there isn’t
> >anything else that needs to be addressed right away, and we’ll
> >probably get some more bugs fixed in the meantime.
>
> Is there anything particular you'd like people to play with?

Mostly for Windows users we had some issues due to big changes in the
build infrastructure compared to gnucash 2.6.3. These forced us to
rebuild some base libraries we depend on - glib, cairo, and gtk.

This rebuild immediately introduced another bug which has been fixed
with 2.6.4-2 on Windows. There may be other subtle bugs due to this. And
unfortunately they can be an *all* areas of gnucash due to the nature of
these libraries.

Other than that an interesting starting point is the list of bugs that
was reported as fixed in the release announcement on our website. You
could verify if each bug is indeed fixed and equally important that they
don't introduce new failures in the area they touched.

> Alternatively, if you're not a dev is there anything that you think is
> wrong *right now* that ought to be fixed ?

The bar charts issue is one example. Please do report other issues if
you come across them.

Geer