Importing Split Transactions

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Mon Oct 20 22:10:40 EDT 2014

Hi Rob,
  I recently switched to GnuCash from Quicken, so I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I can answer this one. Because my Quicken file was very complex, it took me a few tries to get the import right. However, now that I figured it out, I can say that editing a .qif file is not that difficult. That is the format you want to import into GnuCash to get the splits right. There is plenty of information about .qif files and there are even some converters that will move data from other formats to .qif. Good luck with it.

Best,
John