how to reflect investment management fees so that they show in the advanced portfolio report

Steve Nospam stevenospam2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 17:53:05 EDT 2014

I spent a bunch of time on this and I finally came up with a solution that works for my implementation.
Create a management fee mutual fund and a management fee fund account then:
1. In a split, sell from the money market mutual fund for the amount of the management fee.2. Buy the same amount in the brokerage account3. In a separate split transaction, sell the management fee in the brokerage account4. Add an entry for the management fee mutual fund without a buy or sell amount
5. Buy the management fee amount in the account expenses:investment expenses (these show up as brokerage fees in the Advanced Portfolio report)
Your chart of accounts will probably be different.