How to set Description on A/R when importing invoices

Arnd Vehling Arnd at Vehling.Com
Sun Sep 7 00:05:41 EDT 2014

Hello,

i did write myself a python script for mass importing/creating invoices
which results in entries being created in Accounts Receivable.

My problem now is that the entries in Accounts Receivable and in the
relating sales account only contain the invoice number and the customer
name. As i cant auto-create customers i use a generic name for nearly
all customers. So its really hard to figure out who payed what.

The description line i import contains all the information i need but
its not copied to either the A/R nor the relating sales account.

I would like to have the same information i set in the description field
of the invoice also being set in the description of the refering entry
in the sales account.

So, is there ANY beside changing the gnucash source to achieve this?
Maybe by having a script using the database, selecting the description
text from the invoice table and then update the corresponding entry for
the sales account using the (uniq) invoice number?

cheers & Thanx for the great software,

   Arnd