Balance not entered for new transactions

djza derick63 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:26:15 EDT 2014

I am using Gnucash 2.6.3 on a Windows platform.  I have encountered a problem
today whereby any new transaction I enter (I have tried on a few different
accounts and get similar symptoms) - I can enter the transaction date,
description, transfer account and for example, deposit amount, but when I
press <enter> the cursor sticks in the 2nd last column, balance is not
calculated and a new transaction register is not opened (as usually
happens).  When I look at the transfer account, the transaction is there but
with a 0 balance (even though it had a balance before).

Any idea what the problem could be?  I am working on the same file (set of
accounts) that I have been using for a few years already - could it be
getting too big or something?