GnuCash 2.6.4 released

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:07:58 EDT 2014

On 28 Sep 2014, at 22:44, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.6.4, the fourth maintenance release in the 2.6-stable series.

SNIP

> Mac OSX binary
>
> The Gnucash 2.6.4 MacOS X Intel and PPC packages can be downloaded from Sourceforge as well.

SNIP

I downloaded Gnucash-Intel-2.6.4-2.dmg, opened it, and copied Gnucash.app into the Applications folder, as usual.

When I first ran the new version, it took a long time (several minutes) to load, coming up with the registers I’d been working on last time I used the program.

I shut it down, and tried running it again - thinking that there must be some one-off work being done to cope with the upgrade. This time the program said it was “Loading…” for five or six seconds, and then shut down.

I’ve tried again a few times, but with the same result.

Advice, please…

Michael