Converting GnuCash to Quickbooks

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Thu Apr 9 10:21:21 EDT 2015

On 04/07/2015 11:18 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> NR <nsrathi at aol.com> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there was a solution for this - I, too, am in a
>> similar situation.
>> I could not tell if there was a solution.
>
> Try Gnucash2QIF?

GnuCashToQIF worked fine for me exporting my data so my accountant could
load it into Quicken. Not sure how different QuickBooks would be. If you
have A/R or A/P accounts, you'll get warnings about them being converted
to a different account type.

I also used it in conjunction with gcCull.pl to trim old data (and a bit
of hand editing to get opening balances for the reporting period).

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court