Alternating the color of cells does not work

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:43:25 EDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 4:36 PM, geo909 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not able to set an alternating cell color in the default, plain, or any
> other stylesheet. I made sure I saved my changes and reloaded.
>
> Example screenshot  here <http://postimg.org/image/4h72dg809/>  .
>
> Any ideas why this happens and how I can fix it?
>
> Version:
> $gnucash --version
> GnuCash 2.6.6
> This copy was built from rev 132c9e3+ on 2015-04-01.
>
> I am using arch linux.
>

> --

I think you are confusing the word alternate with the word alternating,
and you may be looking in the wrong place for the result.  Does this
program release (2.6.6) work differently for you than previous releases?

While I do not know the program well enough to tell you exactly what
that alternate color in tables setting actually does in the Edit > Style
Sheets menu, I too do not see any effect in the Budget Report as viewed
in the program in Windows 7.  I will conjecture that it may apply to
reports only when they are exported and viewed in a web browser, but the
budget report may not even be using a table structure to display it's
data.  Also, alternate color may apply to all table cells to make them
visible against a white background.

I am using GnuCash 2 6 6 in Windows 7.

David C