Fwd: Gnucash on two computers

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Sun Apr 12 03:12:26 EDT 2015

On 04/11/2015 09:05 PM, Alex Aycinena wrote:
> [...]
You would have to tell us the exact error message that you're getting
when you try to open the file across the network.  Are you able to open
a regular word processor document across the network?

Also, can you open the file on one computer but can't open it up on the
other computer?  If that is the case, your problem is that the remote
computer is logged in as read-only.  You'll have to set up the network
to allow both computer to have read/write access to the folder where the
file is located.

As long as you have write access, you would be able to operate on the
same file from either computer.  You just won't be able to do it from
both computers at the same time.

Someone suggested that you should mention your OS.  If you mentioned
your OS people could help you to configure your network for the proper
access.

The main thing we need is the error message that you're getting. When we
can confirm that your problem is a simple matter of permission, which
the person who configured your network might easily be able to remedy
just be ensuring that both computers have read/write access to the
folder and the actual data file.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James