Should I Upgrade, if so how?

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 24 20:52:27 EDT 2015

On 04/24/2015 03:03 PM, Carol Sorensen wrote:
> Hi Gnucash
>
> I am using Gnucash version 2.4.7.  I was thrilled when I found this
> software 4 years ago and have been using it ever since to manage our
> church accounts. The report printing has a slight incompatibility
> with my new printer, so I went online to discover there have been
> several updates.
>
> My questions are:- 1 – Would it be an advantage to upgrade? 2 – Can I
> transfer my data from my current version?
>
> Any answers greatly appreciated
>
> Thank you

I just upgraded from an old version of gnucash to

gnucash-2.4.15-4.el6.x86_64

This on my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (x86_64) system.
I had to also download the following:

aqbanking-5.5.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
xmlsec1-1.2.20-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
xmlsec1-gcrypt-1.2.20-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
xmlsec1-gnutls-1.2.20-4.el6.x86_64.rpm

I do not know what the previous version I used, but the upgrade went
without a hitch, once I determined and got the additional dependencies.

I did not specifically save my gnucash database because my system is set
up to do a total backup every night, so I was safe if I wanted to go back.

But you should have access to a very recent backup before you try this,
just in case.

I did notice any changes.

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 20:40:01 up 2 days, 20:25, 2 users, load average: 4.27, 4.69, 4.70